- “My name is Lt. Aldo Raine and I'm putting together a special team, and I need me eight soldiers. Eight Jewish-American soldiers. Now, y'all might've heard rumors about the armada happening soon. Well, we'll be leaving a little earlier. We're gonna be dropped into France, dressed as civilians. And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Nazis.”
- ―Aldo Raine
The Basterds were a group of 11 (initially 9 soldiers), 8 Jewish and 3 non-Jewish, whose sole mission was to inflict terror in the Nazi occupied France during WW2. They were lead by Lt. Aldo Raine.
- 1st Lieutenant Aldo "The Apache" Raine (Leader)
- Lieutenant Archie Hicox
- Staff Sergeant Donny "The Bear Jew" Donowitz
- Sergeant Hugo Stiglitz
- Corporal Wilhelm Wicki
- Private First Class Smithson "The Little Man" Utivich
- Private First Class Omar Ulmer
- Private First Class Gerold Hirschberg
- Private First Class Andy Kagan
- Private First Class Michael Zimmerman
- Private First Class Simon Sakowitz
- There was a real unit known as "Masters' Bastards" in WWII. Apart from the obvious rhyming, they earned the name due in part to their fearsome reputation against the Japanese, much like the fictional Raine's Basterds in Europe.